2.10.2020

Dining out - Red Oak Cafe

Friday's lunch experience was Red Oak Cafe, on FM 518 near Countryside.  This is definitely a first time visit for me.  I actually got to go with my wife.  The first time we've had lunch together on a weekday in many years.

They offered us the choice of breakfast or lunch menus as we came in, we opted for lunch.  This was a much bigger establishment than I expected from the outside.  Seating for maybe 100-150 people.

Service was prompt and pleasant.  K chose 1/2 Chicken Salad Sandwich on a croissant (she wanted it on wheat, but they were out) with a cup of Tortilla soup.  I chose the Roast Beef with kettle chips and a cup of baked potato soup.  We ended up getting a small serving of Banana Pudding for dessert.

K was pleased with her dish, the tortilla soup was good, but a little mild for my preferences.  I was gently underwhelmed with my choices.  The roast beef was dry, but had a decent flavor.  The potato soup was ok, the banana pudding was just meh.

A number of nearby tables were enjoying a late breakfast and the place was packed, so it is generally well-received for their offerings.  I either made poor choices or am too picky.

The total for our meal came to about $30 with tip.


0 comments: