2.17.2020

Dining out - La Costa Seafood Grill

Friday's lunch experience was La Costa Seafood Grill on Hwy 35 just north of FM 517.  This is a relatively new restaurant that I'd spotted while traveling to and from Alvin over the recent weeks.

This is a smallish joint with a decent sized bar and 6 TVs up on the walls (2 channels displayed while I was there, so 3 TVs for each channel).  Maybe 25 tables in the whole place?  The acoustics in the place (cement floor, metal bases for the tables) are such that I would not go during a busy time, at least not for conversation.  The decor is definitely less "divey" than I prefer my Mexican joints, but it's almost neutral.

The menu is a mix: some seafood, some Tex-Mex.  Not a huge selection of each.  I chose a fried platter of shrimp and catfish.  It came out nice and steaming.  Crispy and fresh.  I chose their rice as a side.  It was a nice, simple meal.  The service from the waitress was spotty.  Combining that with the guy who sat me (manager?), service was acceptable

The total for my meal came to about $23 with tip. $14 for the meal and a little more for tea.  I would go back, but it would have to be the right time for small crowds.


0 comments: