2.01.2020

Dining out - Pier 8 Seafood

Friday's lunch experience was Pier 8, down in Seabrook.  This is probably a new place for me, at least it's been 10+ years.

This is a combo fish market and restaurant.  You can buy fresh fish to take home or have them cook it up for you to eat inside or on the deck.  I probably should have chosen from their standard menu selections of catfish and shrimp combos.  Since I dined alone, it would have been much cheaper.

If you choose to have them cook up one of the fresh fish on ice, you pay by the pound.  About 2 or 3 dollars over what you would pay to take it home uncooked.  I chose a flounder, I think it was a little over two pounds, and that ran me $20+.  I had them fry it up for me whole.  I should have had them filet it and then fry it.  Ah, next time.

Simple preparation and a simple meal.  They brought it out to me with the onion rings I ordered (just ok) and a big bowl of lemon wedges.  Good food and definitely fresh.  If you're going to select from their fish on display, I'd recommend that two people split it.  I brought home enough leftovers to use in fish tacos for Super Bowl Sunday.

Other fish options they had available included: Red Snapper, Redfish, Tilapia, Catfish, and probably 5 or 6 others.  Prices vary, of course, with the Red Snapper the most expensive I remember.

I made a mistake driving on the way home and ended up southbound on the Kemah Bridge.  It took me 30 minutes to make it back to the office.  I'm glad I'd planned for a 1.5 hour lunch in my schedule for the day.

0 comments: