10.08.2012

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 10/6/2012

Aikido players: Tim, Trey, Troy, Hussein, and Liz

Ukemi:

Watched over Liz

The Walk:

Twice as usual.  One rep we did with Trey, Troy and I sequentially calling out the count. (e.g. Trey called ichi, I called ni, Troy called san, Trey called shi, etc.) It was an interesting exercise.

Releases:

Troy was working with Liz.  She was having trouble at usual spots, so I brought over one of the foam bokken in the dojo and had her imagine that she was attempting to grab the hilt of the sword on some of the releases.  It seemed to help.  I did help with Charles the previous night.

Techniques:

Trey and I worked together most of the afternoon.  I did a little work on the Mae-otoshi techniques from the first 14 of Yon Kata.

Trey did some work on Owaza Ju Pon.  We spent a lot of time working on Kubi Garuma.  He got very close but was just a bit off for a while.  We made one little correction and I went flying.  My landing was a little off and stung my back a little.

We moved on and worked Aiki Nage, Shihonage, Ushiro-ate, and Kote gaeshi.  Aiki went fairly well, Shiho went very well, and we played a bit with Ushiro-ate off-balances up versus down.  We also experimented with the pacing and direction of Kote gaeshi, but it came together fairly quickly and well.

Aftermath:

A little ache from the Guruma fall and the Kote gaeshi fall.  Nothing major.

0 comments: