12.06.2010

Slightly humorous Spam email

I received a slightly humorous spam email in my junk box this afternoon.  They claim to not be spam and to not be an automated email, but they are both.  I'm including the email below, with the bits that might generate more traffic to the sites for which they wanted more traffic altered.

==========

Hi,

My name is Isabel Simpson, Web Marketing Consultant. Ive greatly enjoyed looking through your site arcglobalsurveillance.edu [No, I don't have this domain in my possession - it was a .com site before I edited it] and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website, which has a related subject. I can offer you a home page link back from my related websites all in google cache and backlinks which are:

govconnetwork(dot)com PR4
adh-esive(dot)com
evolving(dot)biz

If you are interested, please send me the following details of your site:

TITLE: 
URL: [ They had the url of my site in the subject line of the email, were they too lazy to put it here]

I'll add your link as soon as possible, in the next 24 hours. As soon as it's ready, I'll send you a confirmation email along with the information (TITLE and URL) regarding my site to be placed at yours.


I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time.


Kindest regards,




PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A SPAM OR AUTOMATED EMAIL, IT'S ONLY A REQUEST FOR A LINK EXCHANGE. YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS NOT BEEN ADDED TO ANY LISTS, AND YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED AGAIN. IF YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE SURE WE DON'T CONTACT YOU AGAIN, PLEASE FILL IN THE FOLLOWING FORM: emailsnomore(dot)com ; PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES FOR CONTACTING YOU.

=====================

Now, it's not a hilarious email, but it struck me funny for some reason.

0 comments: